Special Programs to Help You And Our Communities Recover from the Storm
We hope you, your loved ones, your home, and your business are safe and beginning to recover from the impact of Hurricane Michael.
Now that First Commerce has resumed normal operations at all 12 locations, we are shifting our focus to providing solutions to help you recover from the storm. For members who were impacted due to damage, deductibles or unexpected expenses, we are here to help.
Your Board of Directors has authorized several recovery programs to provide financial assistance.*
- Option to skip loan payments in November – for eligible loans in good standing. The fee will be waived. Other terms and conditions apply.
- Home Equity Lines of Credit – No closing costs and a 6-month introductory rate of 1.99% APR on Home Equity Lines of Credit. After the introductory period, our low variable indexed rate will apply, currently 5.50% APR. Available through December 31.
- Six Months – No Payments for refinancing your auto loan or buying a new or used vehicle – Whether you need relief from your auto payment with another lender or need to replace your car because of damage, through December 31, we’re bringing back our popular auto offer featuring Six Months – No Payments for qualified borrowers.
- Thank You Loan for some of our hometown heroes – 6-month loan of up to $1,000 at 0% APR and no closing costs for first responders and utility company workers for municipal providers in our field of membership who were on duty during Hurricane Michael. Available through December 31. If applying online, use the Signature Loan application and note "Thank You Loan."
If you have coverage through First Commerce Insurance Agency and need to discuss a claim, please contact your carrier directly.
If you have a business with a need related to damage, business continuity, or planning/insurance, please contact our Business Services Team at BusinessServices@
Thank you for being a member of First Commerce Credit Union. If you need assistance due to the storm or with any of your financial needs, please contact us – in our quest to be your financial partner for life, we are here to help!
* SKIP A PAY: Please contact us about eligible loans and to defer your upcoming payment. Loan must have been open for at least 4 months with no extensions granted in the last 4 months. Your loan maturity will be extended and regular payments will resume after the deferred payment period. Finance charges will continue to accrue as outlined in your Loanliner Agreement or Retail Installment Sales Contract during the deferment period. Deferred payments may not be covered under GAP waiver agreements. If your payment comes from another institution via transfer initiated by First Commerce, that transfer will be skipped for the loan payment(s) you select and restarted at the next payment cycle as long as the request is made more than 3 business days prior to the scheduled transfer. The remaining payments may need to be recalculated on some loans.
FIRST MORTGAGES: Other special programs such as Freddie Mac’s Disaster Relief Modification are available for first mortgages; please contact our Collections Department for assistance at 850.488.0035 or 1.800.533.5772, ext. 1230.
ALL LOANS: APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Your rate and loan-to-value will be determined after a credit review and term of loan is selected. For offers featuring extended periods until first payment, deferrals are available to qualified borrowers – others will be eligible for shorter periods of time until first payment.
HELOC: Offer good October 13-December 31, 2018. Introductory rate will be in effect for the first six (6) months after account is opened. Upon expiration of introductory rate, all balances will accrue interest at the variable standard APR, which can range from Prime -.25% to Prime + 1.0% using the Wall Street Journal Prime rate (currently an APR of 5.25%) not to be less than 5.5% or exceed 18% at any time. Rates cannot increase or decrease more than 2% annually and 6% over the life of the loan, based on the original non-discounted rate. Information accurate as of 10-13-2018. All HELOC products, conditions and rates also subject to lien positions, property use and location. Up to 90% of the value of your home, less 1st mortgage balance can be used to establish the line (based on credit qualifications). This offer is available for new equity line members and subject to change without notice. Offer not available to existing HELOC members. Hazard insurance required and flood insurance, if applicable. Loan amounts range from $10,000 to $500,000. First Commerce pays all typical closing costs, if not paid off during first 3 years. Minimum initial advance of $10,000, with a minimum monthly payment of $100. Exclusions and limitations apply. Refer to HELOC Early Disclosure or ask a Financial Service Officer for complete details. Please consult your tax advisor regarding interest deductibility. This offer may be withdrawn at any time. This offer may not be combined with any other offers or discounts. NMLS #774895.
AUTO: Offer good October 13-December 31, 2018 and subject to change. Autos being refinanced must be currently held by another lender. Interest will accrue during the six months until first payment, and will cause a slightly higher payment overall throughout the life of the loan ($5-$20 per month on a typical size auto loan) depending on the term of your loan, loan amount and rate. Example: The estimated monthly payment is $18.59 per $1,000 borrowed based on a 60-payment loan at 3.74% (6 months of no payments/66-month term) compared to $18.31 per $1,000 (30 days until first payment). There is no penalty for paying off the loan early. You are not required to wait six months until the first payment. Contact us for details about credit costs and terms.
THANK YOU LOANS: Minimum monthly payment of $166.67/month. Loans subject to credit qualifications.