International Credit Union Day
The Power of You
The history of credit unions is a powerful example of what can be accomplished when a group of individuals comes together for the greater good. The first credit unions were established in the mid-1800s as financial cooperatives that allowed members of the cooperative to take out small loans and establish savings accounts. Today, the same credit union philosophy of “People Helping People” endures and empowers millions of members across the world to take control of their financial future. That’s the credit union difference!
As your credit union, First Commerce:
- Serves You. We are a not-for-profit financial cooperative that exists to benefit our members and our communities, not shareholders or investors. We are member owned and member focused.
- Supports Communities. We help strengthen the communities we serve by giving back through volunteering, sponsorships, donations and scholarships.
- Knows Local. We live, play and shop in the same communities where we work. We know our members and understand our communities’ needs.
- Supports Strong Financial Habits for Life. We offer savings and checking accounts for every stage of life, from Sammy Squirrel Kids Club (birth to 12 yrs), SmartStart Teen (13-17 yrs) and MyWay (18-29 yrs), as well as our free and interest-bearing checking accounts. We also offer an EvenUp systematic savings account that can be paired with SmartStart, MyWay or Free checking accounts.
- Means Business.The same friendly support and personal service we providetoourindividual members is also provided to local business members. We’re here to help your business succeed with free and interest-bearing business checking accounts, real estate and equipment loans, lines of credit, and business savings accounts, including CDs and Money Markets.
- Promotes Financial Literacy. Through the FCCU Foundation, we increase financial awareness and provide education to the communities we serve. This year, we have provided more than 120 workshops to high schools, youth groups, faith-based organizations and member groups, just to name a few. We also offer convenient online courses through SmartMoney online.
- Governed by Members. Our Board of Directors consists of volunteers who are respected leaders in the community, are members of the credit union, and are elected by credit union members to represent them.
Thank you for being a member of First Commerce Credit Union - Your Financial Partner for Life.